Biblical Quotes for Marriage | 30 Excerpts to Touch Your Heart
The Big Day is marked by strong emotions that invade the hearts of those present at the ceremony. Everything becomes even more special when the bride and groom or a loved one utter words of love. In these situations, in addition to song lyrics and excerpts from books by great writers, a welcome option is...
The Big Day is marked by strong emotions that invade the hearts of those present at the ceremony. Everything becomes even more special when the bride and groom or a loved one utter words of love. In these situations, in addition to song lyrics and excerpts from books by great writers, a welcome option is biblical verses for weddings.
When to use a Bible verse for a wedding?
For the most religious individuals, Bible verses for weddings are often present in the ceremony. However, this act does not need to be limited to just that circumstance. Using a biblical wedding message for the couple can convey good wishes and blessings for the new couple.
These messages can also be a part of beautiful phrases for the wedding invitation, as well as integrating a verse into the wedding ring. Additionally, Bible verses for weddings can accompany a surprise to gift your partner on this important day.
30 Inspirational Biblical Wedding Phrases
For those seeking biblical phrases, check out our selection of the 30 best verses for wedding invitations, couple’s speeches, and much more.
Short Bible verses for weddings.
- “So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, let no one separate.” – Matthew 19:6
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- “Sustain me with raisins; refresh me with apples, for I am sick with love.” – Song of Solomon 2:5
- “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight.” – Philippians 1:9
- “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” – Colossians 3:14
- “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” – Genesis 2:24
- “Then the Lord God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.'” – Genesis 2:18
- “Let all that you do be done in love.” – 1 Corinthians 16:14
- “For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.'” – Galatians 5:14
- “This is the Lord’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.” – Psalms 118:23
- “And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13
- “May the Lord be between me and you, and between my descendants and your descendants, forever.” – 1 Samuel 20:42
- “I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it.” – Ecclesiastes 3:14
- “Mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.” – Jude 1:2
- “The heart of man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” – Proverbs 16:9
- “The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.” – Matthew 7:25
- “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. A future certain, full of hope and peace.” – 1 Corinthians 2:9
- “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” – Proverbs 18:22
- “As for the agreement between me and you, the Lord is a witness forever.” – 1 Samuel 20:23
- “May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.” – Proverbs 5:18
Biblical Quotes for Marriage: Long Passages
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
- “Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love is as strong as death, jealousy as cruel as the grave; its flames are flames of fire, a most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.” – Song of Solomon 8:6-7
- “Entreat me not to leave you, Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me.” – Ruth 1:16-17
- “I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them.” – Jeremiah 32:39
- “Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.” – Song of Solomon 8:7
- “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.” – 1 John 4:18
- “Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.” – Philippians 2:2
- “And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.” – 1 Corinthians 13:2
- “I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me.” – Jeremiah 32:40
Seu site de casamento merece ser iCasei
Criar Site Grátis